The Ombudsman acts from a neutral, independent viewpoint, to help borrowers resolve disputes about federal loans.

The Ombudsman's office is a resource for borrowers when other approaches to resolving student loan problems have failed. You should first attempt to resolve complaints by contacting the school, lender, servicer or office involved. If you have made a reasonable effort to resolve the problem through normal processes and have been unsuccessful, you may contact the Ombudsman -

F7 Account Number

If your account number begins with "C7" contact:

NHHEAF Ombudsman
4 Barrell Court
Concord, NH 03301
(603) 227-5380
Email Ombudsman

You also have the right to contact the U.S. Department of Education, office of Ombudsman at:

FSA Office of the Ombudsman

PO Box 1843

Monticello, KY 42633

Telephone: (877) 557-2575

Fax: (606) 396-4821

Online Assistance: